We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around London

Saugerties, NY
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around London

What is the easiest, most economical way for myself and my 13 year old daughter to get around London....for example, between our hotel in Hyde Park and places such as the Hard Rock, Victoria Station for a tour departure, and Bea's in Bloomsbury, etc.? I had planned on taking cabs but reading about travelcards and oystercards and such, my head's spinning. I will be arriving June 25. Thanks in advance!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brit Movie Tours
Walking Tours, Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Babylon Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,175 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around London

Public transport.. Buses,tubes etc.

How long are you here for?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around London

I use an Oyster card I purchased in early 2000 something. Buses are good and walking is great. I use a tube map and mark where I will be going and which tube stop I need. Depending on how long you will be there, you can load a 7 day travel card and/or use pay as you go. If you will not be returning to London, you turn in the Oyster card and get a refund. It is easy..Check out the website for Oyster card, upper right corner in FAQ.

Saugerties, NY
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around London

Thanks!

4. Re: Getting around London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 07:15