We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

Hi, I was wondering if there is a Sunday Mass service at St Paul's Cathedral that is open to the public? Thanks

Manila, Philippines
9 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

Simple and short, Yes it is

22. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 14:35
california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

Thanks for all your replies. We would love to be able to attend a service at Saint Paul' s. Cathedral.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

"And it will really apply (in terms) only in England, because of the special ("foot in both camps") position of the CofE."

Actually, not quite accurate. The Church of England/ Anglican faith is alive and well in Canada. The terminology may change depending on where you live. I grew up in Newfoundland as Anglican and my parents still refer to our church as Church of England. Now in Ontario we attend services in an Anglican church and our children were baptized there but I've never heard anyone here actually refer to it as the Church of England. Yet, one and the same.

Thinking of it, it may be based on size as well I guess (size of congregation and size of church). When I was young, our church was the Cathedral. Now, our church is in a small suburb.

25. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 16:05
London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

Not sure what was in some of the deleted posts, but: the Anglican Church welcomes all baptized Christians who normally receive Communion in their own Churches to receive Communion. The Catholic Church except in very rare circumstances requires that those receiving Communion must be in Communion with the Apostolic See.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

PS. I am still puzzled as to exactly what the OP is after!

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

Jonathanquinn, the two deleted posts were mine. In response to a couple of earlier posts I thought I should explain why the difference in the meaning of communion between Catholic and Anglican is significant to some people, and that the Test Act (this can be looked up on Wikepedia for further information) made it even more important to both sides. I thought they were no more off-topic than most other posts on here.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

I'd never heard of the Test Act, perhaps because of its repeal in 1828, but happy to learn something new every day!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
930 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Sunday Mass Service at St Paul's Cathedral

We just attended a CATHOLIC Mass at Westminster CATHEDRAL...........not the abbey. Hopefully Catholics realize the difference. :)