We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night buses

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Night buses

I've looked at the night bus map and my eyes have glazed over. Our lodging is equidistant between the green park & Piccadilly tubes. I expect us to have nights out in Camden and Shoreditch and need to know how to get back after the tube closes.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night buses

Have to agree that the Central London night bus map can be a bit confusing, looking at the daytime central London bus map at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/bus the 24 hour buses are shown in blue but doesn't show the N### buses. You could look at the north east map on the same page as it does show them. The 88 is a 24 hour bus that will get you from Camden Town to Piccadilly Circus, the N55 goes from Shoreditch High Street to Oxford Circus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night buses

It's easiest if you're prepared to walk (or take a cab) for the last bit of the journey.

Use the North West London night bus map when you're out in Camden: tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…north-west-london-night.pdf

Take the N5 to Trafalgar Square, then walk the rest of the way to Piccadilly (15 minutes).

For Shoreditch use the East London night bus map:

tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…east-london-night.pdf

Take the N8 to Oxford Circus, and again walk to Piccadilly (also about 15 minutes).

There are ways without the short walk at the end, but they require that you changes buses, and that just complicates things.

London
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night buses

Just take ANY bus heading into central London - Trafalgar Square is a popular destination - and change buses when you need to. The other people at the bus stops will be glad to give you advice, so there's no need to over-prepare for this. The buses also all have electronic destination boards inside them with recorded messages telling you what the next stop will be, so you can't really go far astray.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night buses

Thanks for your help. Now I know the two buses to get me back. I also downloaded some bus apps to my phone.

5. Re: Night buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:16