Our London trip is only about a week away and I just wanted to post my itinerary for any opinions or changes I should make, as well as some questions I have.
Currently our itinerary is as follows:
- Take First Capital Connect train from Gatwick to Farrdingdon (Buy one day first capital connect travel cards for group save at the airport)
- Change step free to westbound Metropolitan line, take any train NOT posted as Hammersmith
Line to Finchley Road
- Explore area around hotel
- Take tube to Westminster Area
- Back to hotel
- Hop on-hop off tour
-Marble Arch (Oxford street)
-Tower of London
-Take cruise to London Eye pier
-London Eye for sunset (9:00 ride)
- British Museum!
- Meet some family we have in London
- Take jubilee line to green park, change to piccadilly line and go to airport for flight out of London.
Does this some like a doable plan? A few questions I have are:
Should we get an visitor oyster card or just pay the fare for the second day when we go from the London Eye back to the hotel.
Will the travelcard in day 1 cover the travel in that day from our hotel to Westminster & back?
Is our way from getting to/from the airport to/from the hotel okay with luggage?
Thank you so much in advance!