We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Itinerary

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
7 posts
Save Topic
London Itinerary

Our London trip is only about a week away and I just wanted to post my itinerary for any opinions or changes I should make, as well as some questions I have.

Currently our itinerary is as follows:

Day 1

- Take First Capital Connect train from Gatwick to Farrdingdon (Buy one day first capital connect travel cards for group save at the airport)

- Change step free to westbound Metropolitan line, take any train NOT posted as Hammersmith

Line to Finchley Road

- Explore area around hotel

- Take tube to Westminster Area

- Back to hotel

Day 2

- Hop on-hop off tour

-Marble Arch (Oxford street)

-Trafalgar Square

-Tower of London

-Take cruise to London Eye pier

-London Eye for sunset (9:00 ride)

Day 3

- British Museum!

- Meet some family we have in London

- Take jubilee line to green park, change to piccadilly line and go to airport for flight out of London.

Does this some like a doable plan? A few questions I have are:

Should we get an visitor oyster card or just pay the fare for the second day when we go from the London Eye back to the hotel.

Will the travelcard in day 1 cover the travel in that day from our hotel to Westminster & back?

Is our way from getting to/from the airport to/from the hotel okay with luggage?

Thank you so much in advance!

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London Itinerary

The travelcard from Gatwick will cover all your travel on day 1

You will need a travelcard (rail issued) on day 2 for 2 for 1 at the Tower. Day 3 one would be useful as well though it wouldn't need to be rail issued

Do not get a visitor Oyster - if you really want one get a normal one. It would save you a small amount on day 3

2. Re: London Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:15