We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

Hi ,We love to see Bath. We have never been and have always heared good things about it.

Our problem is Thursday is the only day in the week 'London Walks' has a tour schedule and Thursday is our last day in London . To go with London walks will cost us 52£ including RT fare and fee to the Abbey . When I told them that We might only take the morning tour, I was told then We will not be able to avail of the group rates . I know the train fare will cost us over 60£.

Not sure if I have any better option- to go with tour for full day or just do it on our own for the morning and pay more .thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brit Movie Tours
Walking Tours, Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Babylon Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

Its a beautiful place! I visited and did not use a tour. We were staying in London, near Victoria Station, and we just bought train tickets to Bath and left from Victoria Station - its really simple. We happened to be staying nearby, but you can take the tube from anywhere in London to Victoria station. If you go on your own, you have to pay the admission price to the Roman Baths (about 14 british pounds) and also the Fashion Museum, if that interests you (about 8 british pounds). These prices are probably included with the tour.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 02:15
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Victoria Station Hotel
Victoria Station Hotel
393 Reviews
London, UK
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

I've done the tour of Bath with London Walks and while it was fine, I'd agree with everyone else that you should self tour and not limit your time in Bath. Plan on spending the day there, a lot to see and do. Entrance to the Roman Baths was not included with the London Walk. Buy advance tickets, day of tickets are expensive generally from London unless going somewhere really close like Windsor.

The free walking tour of Bath is nice, having tea at the Pump Room was nice

Mentioned in this post
London Walks
London Walks
1,687 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Windsor
Windsor
Windsor and Maidenhead, UK
London
Level Contributor
838 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

The train to Bath leaves from Paddington Station (not Victoria as MsTarry4 mentions)

I think there are also trains from Waterloo but these are MUCH MUCH slower (though cheaper)

Mentioned in this post
Paddington Station
Paddington Station
1,133 Reviews
London, UK
Waterloo Bar and Kitchen
Waterloo Bar and Kitchen
570 Reviews
London, UK
14. Re: Trip to Bath through 'London Walks ' or by ourselves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17