We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dursley, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

I am picking up my son from Terminal 4 (Sri Lanka Air) next week at 8 pm in the evening.

Is it true that Terminal 4 Long Stay Parking gives 2 hours parking free?

Or, should I use the expensive Short Say Parking?

Thanks.

33 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

I know it costs a lot, but by far the most practical thing to do would be to park in the short stay car park.

Make sure you track your son's flight so you know the actual time of arrival, and hence when to arrive at T4. If it's late you don't want to have to stump up more parking charges. The site I use for this is www.flightstats.com (today's flight number is UL503, and yesterday it was half an hour late).

Edited: 18 June 2014, 06:26
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

The long stay car park is an impractical distance from the terminal so you should, as USBT suggests above, use the short tern car park.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

I would add 45 minutes onto the arrival time to determine when you should be parking. Then you should be at arrivals within a few minutes of each other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

You could always tell him to go up one floor at departures and meet him out there at the drop off point. It's free. Only problem is that they won't let you wait, so make sure he's out there waiting when you enter.

Great Dunmow...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

Hi ianrobb

I was just reading about the 2 hours free parking at T4 Long Stay and I was wondering if it was true. I have to pick up my husband next week in the evening and was thinking of doing the 2 hours free Long Stay if it actually exists. Did you end up doing it?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

It appears you can park in T4 Long Stay for 2 hours for free, check the airport website for details.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

Polly,

Please read replies 1 & 2. It's an impractical option.

Great Dunmow...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

I have read the website but I wanted to make sure, didn't want to be hit with any nasty surprises like £25 upon entering or something. It seems fine, only about 10 mins on the shuttle bus to the terminal. If it's free, I don't mind waiting a little longer. And I have read replies 1,2 and 3 but I am still going to try it. At least then I'll know for future use.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

Polly, did it go OK? the long stay doesn't look far from the terminal at terminal 4 and this looks like the cheapest option. I'm picking up this week, would be great to know your view, thanks.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4

Yes its true, I have used it frequently. The long stay car park is to the south of the terminal, you still need to collect a ticket and park in the allocated 2 hour parking spaces, then get a complimentary bus which leaves regularly from the nearest bus stops in the car park. When you collect your son you will have to get the bus back (plenty of luggage room). Be careful though, if your son's flight is late you have to pay quite a bit in fines if you go over even a minute too long. Best to arrange to have a meeting point at the terminal perhaps one of the cafes. There is a list on Heathrow's website.

Reply to: Pick up - Heathrow Terminal 4
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted