We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
113 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

We have 5 ppl arriving Hearthrow. Is it best to get a cab/taxi in front of the airport or hire a private transfer to our hotel/flat?

I understand that there are minivan or larger taxis available. Also is there a 12% fee to pay with a credit card? Would there be one with a private transfer? I cant compare taxi costs, so wanted to see what everyone recommends.

Thanks!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

Taxi from the airport stand will be twice as much as a car service.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k488…

https:/…edit

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

A private transfer would be the best option, it will be much cheaper and for 5 passengers an MPV is perfect. Regarding the fee for the card payment, it's different for each company, some have no fees. If you can tell us where are you going exactly we can also give you an estimate price.

Scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

When I travel to Heathrow there is always 5 in my party. We use London Heathrow Cars and have always found them a great company to deal with so always choose them as I have no need to look for another. They will give you a price in advance, meet you at the airport in excellent vehicles suitable for the size of the party and you pay the price pre quoted at destination. I would recommend them.

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

there were 4 in our party but we arranged transfers through our travel agent and had no difficulty at all we used local taxis on a few occasions in and around London but would highly recommend transfers..vehicles were clean and comfortable and usually includes luggage handling as long as you let them know when booking how much you will have.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

Private cars don't normally take credit card but I'd wouldn't use a taxi from the ranks at the airport. As long as you book the private car in advance as you'll know how much it'll cost you and you could get the cash sorted on the way out.

When it comes to comparing prices I always use www.drivemetotheairport.co.uk that's a comparison site for airport transfers. Gives you a chance to read some reviews on each company as well before you book and they only ask for a 10% deposit when you book. Worked brilliantly every time I've used them.

7. Re: Taxi at Airport or Private Transfer for 5 ppl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17