We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimbledon Queue

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wimbledon Queue

According to the Wimbledon website this is number of tickets available to be sold for those queuing:

• Centre Court - Approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles EXCEPT for the last four days on Centre Court which are pre-sold.

• No.1 Court - approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles.

• No.2 Court - approximately 500 tickets are available each day at the turnstiles only for as many days as a full programme of matches can be maintained.

• Ground - several thousand tickets are available each day at the turnstiles entitling use of the unreserved seating and standing room on Courts No.3-19.

Further info: www.wimbledon.com/tickets

============

If I hear numbers, I'll try and update this, or others feel free to chip in so people can decide whether or not it's worth heading to SW19.

Certainly last year you'd hear Wimbledon announce about lunchtime that there were so many in the queue that anyone not already in the queue, then don't bother because you weren't going to get into the grounds.

Ground capacity is 38,500. Once that is reached, they operate a one out, one in system.

============

Monday, June 23 (06.30). according to the BBC Breakfast News there were already 3,500 people in the queue.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.15*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.27*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.56*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.56*
Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimbledon Queue

Sky sports news say a significant number of people started queuing on saturday to obtain centre court tickets. Wimbledon officials say those in that queue (for centre court) should start going in at 11.30am.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimbledon Queue

Important note:

"6. The turnstiles accept cash only; if necessary, please ask a steward for directions to the nearest ATM (cash point)."

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimbledon Queue

https://twitter.com/Wimbledon

They're already saying if you're not in the queue, then you probably won't get in today.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimbledon Queue

There are already enough people in the queue today to take up the allocation of Centre and No. 1 Courts.

Wimbledon are advising those not in the queue not to travel to the courts.

Chicago
Level Contributor
144 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wimbledon Queue

We were going to try and go out there for after 17:00 grounds. So should we not even try then for today, Tuesday? Is there any way, link or otherwise, to check the daily grounds queue status?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wimbledon Queue

Check the Wimbledon website, including their live blog and Twitter feed as they sometimes mention the status of the queue.

Then, check the order of play, so you know how many matches are still to be played. Don't forget to look at the bottom of that page for the matches that have yet to be scheduled).

Check the weather report.

Combine all these bits of information and make your decision.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 16:20
Chicago
Level Contributor
144 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wimbledon Queue

Appreciated your advice by the way. Thank you . I looked all that over and decided to give it a try. We got in no problem and had a great time.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wimbledon Queue

Good to know. I had intended to keep updating this but a combination of (a) the Wimbledon / BBC stating around 8.00 a.m. each day (or earlier) that the queue had enough people to take the ground pass allocations for the day made me think I'd just be repeating myself; and (b) life got in the way.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. The All England Club is such a lovely place to visit. I spent 10 very happy days there during the Olympics.

Although those of us working Centre Court one day could have lived without the stampede of people when they announced on No. 1 Court (rain had stopped play) that they'd be permitted to go and watch tennis on Centre Court. Pity they didn't bother to tell those of us checking tickets at the gangways. All we knew was this influx of people saying 'they'd been told they could go in' and there was a frantic few minutes while we tried to get it confirmed by our supervisors that we could let them in. In the end there was a compromise reached: they could enter, but under the condition that if the person who had a Centre Court ticket came back to claim it, they had to move to another unclaimed seat.

9. Re: Wimbledon Queue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:16