We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal Change

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Terminal Change

Hello.

I am a pakistani citizen. I am travelling to Canada via London on British Airways and Air Canada.

I know I will have to change terminals at heathrow. I do however have a valid visit visa to canada and usa. I will have my baggage checked all the way to canada aswell.

I know there is an internal train within heathrow that would allow me to change terminals without crossing immigration.

I still want to know do I need a visa to change terminals such as DATV or would i be exempted from the visa requirement.

Regards,

Wahab Bashir

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,389 Reviews
from US$125.80*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,149 Reviews
from US$128.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
541 Reviews
from US$113.50*
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

< I know there is an internal train within heathrow that would allow me to change terminals without crossing immigration. >

There isn't, there are buses between terminals if you stay airside using Flight Connections

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/t…

GENERALLY you won't need a visa of any kind if you have a valid visa for the US, Canada or the EU

Edited: 23 June 2014, 19:34
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,587 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

Wahab,

It is your responsibility to check whether you need a transit visa (either DATV or Visitor In Transit), so do not rely on the answers here. However, you can use the link below to check (it's the UK Government website). It appears that your valid Canadian visa will mean you do not need a DATV, but again it's for you to verify.

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Assuming your BA flight arrives at T5, airside transit from T5 to T2 (AC) uses an air side transit bus - heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

If the BA flight arrives at another terminal, you may use the transit guide here - heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

Thanks I actually have verified it not once but quite a few times with different answers from each one and that includes paying 32 pounds for a UK immigration call center.

I just wanted someone with hands on experince if they could tell me.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,759 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

Here's the information from BA, updated about a month ago: britishairways.com/travel/… It looks as if you will need a DATV.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

BA merely refer you to the same UK Visa site USBT has already referred you to

Where it says that Pakistanis, even if not crossing through immigration, need a DATV visa UNLESS you

you:

- are travelling to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country

- are travelling from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa

- have a valid US permanent residence card issued on or after 21 April 1998 (or an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship if it’s expired)

- have a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002

- have a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA)

- have a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state

I suspect you qualify not to need a DATV visa.

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

Yes that is what I have also been able to muster from the report.

Thank you all for your feedback.

7. Re: Heathrow Terminal Change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17