We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

7 posts
Save Topic
St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

Our hotel is Holiday Inn Express Swiss Cottage. We're arriving at Gatwick on the 25th (leaving tomorrow which is why I need a quick answer) and then taking a first capital connect train to St. Pancras. We were hoping to take a taxi from there since there's four of us, two kids and two adults and three carry-on bags and one big bag with us. Would this be a good way to go, and if so, around how much should it cost and would it fit all of us? Any other suggestions on how to do this? Thank you so much in advance!

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

A change from FCC to the Metropolitan line at Farringdon and direct tube from there to Finchley Road might be simpler. £13.50 per adult half price for children using an FCC travelcard. Groupsave will knock a bit more off this - £33.45 is the total I think

I don't think it will be any more difficult than getting yourselves to a taxi

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

That was what I originally thought was the best thing to do, I'm just a little worried with all our luggage how hard this would be. Would it be difficult to do that?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

Farringdon stations - both National Rail and Underground - have step free access to and from the ticket halls and train platforms. At Finchley Road there are 28 steps up from the Metropolitan line platforms to the ticket hall but zero steps (just a walk on the flat) from the ticket hall to the way out.

If you're willing to wrangle bags at Finchley Road then it should be not too difficult a journey.

4. Re: St. Pancras to Finchley Road (Urgent please!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 07:16