We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Windsor

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Windsor

Hello my hubby and I are planning on attending the Monday night races in Windsor in July and we would like to stay in a nice place on the river close to where we can catch the boat to the racecourse( open to recommendations ) my main question though is I need to book a flight to Dublin the next day. It looks as though it's cheaper to fly from gatwick rather than heathrow but I see heathrow is closer to Windsor. I was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to get back into london and take the gatwick express. Timewise is heathrow a better option? I'm baffled lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Windsor

It would need to be a very big saving for me to choose the Gatwick route if I were starting from Windsor and using public transport.

In any case you can use the money you win at the races to pay the extra:) Windsor races on a fine Monday evening are great fun.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Windsor

So u wd u recommend using heathrow airport then? I am more concerned really w time it will take to get there and how I wd get there. Yes can't come to England and not go to the races:-)

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Windsor

The Christopher wren hotel in Windsor is very nice and right on the river. French bros run a boat to the races Monday right and you can buy a combo ticket to the races with the boat ride included.

If you go the other direction up the river Oakley court is also very nice (and the exterior used in rocky horror picture show). Not sure if there is boat transport to the races though. You can contact them to see.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Windsor

Thanks still undecided about the flights it's half the price to fly out of gatwick

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,426 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Windsor

Have you considered going by rail and ferry?

www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm#.U6jH-rGU6So

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Windsor

Just booked from heathrow to london didn't wanna deal w the hassle. Thanks for your help all!🇬🇧

7. Re: Transportation from Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24