We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Season tickets - quick question about barriers

UK
Level Contributor
7,899 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Season tickets - quick question about barriers

I need to go into London several times this week and worked out that the cheapest way of doing this is to get a weekly season ticket from my local station to Liverpool Street.

My season ticket looks like an ordinary ticket. Do I just put it through the barrier, like an ordinary ticket? (I used the ticket yesterday - but the barriers at Liverpool Street were open. I'm due to use it again early tomorrow morning, and don't want to hold up hundreds of commuters by doing the wrong thing!)

It's probably a silly question... but I hope someone can answer it (without making fun of this commuter newbie from rural East Anglia!)

Mentioned in this post
East Anglia
East Anglia
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Season tickets - quick question about barriers

Yes, put it in as a normal ticket. It will be returned to you (as it would when you put it in an entry barrier) and you're on your way.

UK
Level Contributor
7,899 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Season tickets - quick question about barriers

Thanks - much appreciated!

3. Re: Season tickets - quick question about barriers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 07:16