We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland & London Zoo

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland & London Zoo

Hi .. planning to visit legoland with a 2.5 yr old and an 8 month old... is one full day enough to cover the park? is there enough to do for a 2.5 yr old or not that much?

Also, planning to visit London zoo on a sunday with both the kids... how is the crowd on Sunday?

How many hours would we typically need in the zoo?

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

I would doubt your kids will get much out of Legoland - they are too young. They would also probably get as much out of a children's farm/petting zoo or feeding the ducks in a park as they would from London Zoo, so I would save your money until they are a bit older (unless you want to visit the zoo yourself)

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

There are rides for the 2 year old at Legoland, it depends how much s/he likes Lego and how much you want to go yourselves. The Zoo gets quite busy on sunny days, less so if it's cooler. Go early in the day. Time there depends on your interest, I'd say maybe 3 hours or so but my kids have spent all day there.

Dubai
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

Super! Thanks for your replies

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,903 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

Hi. I was pretty much surprised, but London Zoo was underwhelming by all means. Have you been to Regents Park already ? Great place to walk, terrific playground for your kids. Buy cheapest bread, so your children could feed birds and Inshallah, you will have a great time? Legoland is very busy during Summer.

Did you cover everything in London?

If you are looking for more ideas on places you can visit with kids, I suggest if I may, you start the whole new thread.

Yuri.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

London Zoo is not my favourite zoo. Partly that is because the Zoological Society of London some years ago made the enlightened decision to move some of the most popular animals, such as the elephants and the bears, to Whipsnade, where they enjoy much more suitable conditions. So in that respect I suppose it is one of my favourite zoos, as it iS almost impossible for an urban zoo to provide adequate conditions for elephants, but most continue to keep them anyway. That said, I think it is still possible to spend an entire day from opening to closing at London Zoo. You may like to consider other zoos just outside London, such as Whipsnade or Colchester, but they are usually difficult to reach without a car (though not impossible).

6. Re: Legoland & London Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16