We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picadilly Line from Heathrow

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Picadilly Line from Heathrow

Can anyone tell me if you need to change trains using the Picadilly Line from Heathrow if you wish to get off at Gloucester Road station?

Apologies if this questions has been previously asked. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

No, no change.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,841 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

Actually at the moment the answer is YES you do.

The Piccadilly line platforms are currently closed at Gloucester Road until mid December 2014 for lift (elevator) repairs, and the trains aren't stopping.

Therefore, at the moment you would need to take the Piccadilly line to Hammersmith, and make a (very easy) cross platform change to the District line for Gloucester Road. There are 36 stairs up from the eastbound District line platform at Gloucester Road. If you're not comfortable with that, then let us know where you're staying and we can direct you in via another station (possibly Earls Court, one stop earlier which is step free).

Edited: 25 June 2014, 01:09
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

Thanks for that....that's the way it seemed when I looked on the train website, but many people were saying it stops there.

We are staying at Holiday Inn on Cromwell Road, so Gloucester road as best I can tell is the most convenient...guess we will have to endure the 36 steps.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,841 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

It's about a 9 minute walk from Earls Court if you'd prefer the step free exit, vs 4 minutes from Gloucester Road. Personally I've hauled my bags up the 27 stairs from the Piccadilly line at GR without a problem, and its only nine more from the District line (which is about an extra 1m in elevation). - https://goo.gl/maps/ePHBc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

Thanks for the option & map....guess we will figure it depending on how we feel after 20+ hours flying.

6. Re: Picadilly Line from Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 07:21