We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow Airport

We have a 9 hour lay over at terminal 5 in Heathrow Is there a hotel near by that we can stay at for 7-8 hours to sleep and shower before our long flight to Capetown . If not does anyone have any suggestions how we can rest between our flights

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Airport

The Sofitel at T5 does dayrooms but may be expensive. You could also look at the Premier Inn Heathrow Terminal 5 which is about 6 minutes away by 423 bus (free on the perimeter road). Make sure you check the "Terminal 5" PI as there are two at Heathrow.

You could also try the Yotel (a capsule like hotel) which is at T4 (15 minute free bus ride away)

There are a few other hotels listed here that may also be useful - londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_wes…

Another possibility, which isn't "rest" but could keep you occupied with fresh air, is to go into central London. If you subtract 5 hours from your actual layover that gives you the usable time in central London, so 7-8 would be doable - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c195392/Londo…

Oakville, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Airport

Just to let you know the Premier Inn T5 no longer does day rates I called them in July and they no longer provide this service

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Airport

My daughter stayed at the Yotel in terminal 4 when she missed her flight. I thought it was fun and had everything you could need including free wifi and decent water pressure for the shower.

Oakville, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Airport

Has anyone left their luggabe at Johannesburg International Airport while they take a smaller soft sided bag on Safari. We are spending a week in Capetown on business then go to Johannesburg and then on to safria in Nambia and Zambia and we do not want to take all our luggage from Capetown with us I have heard you can store luggage at the airport. Is it easy to find and can you get your luggage back fast .

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Airport

You should probably ask on the Johannesburg forum.

6. Re: Heathrow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:15