We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

We are staying at the Studios2let on North Gower. Tiny room, but clean. Did I say tiny room? Good, anyways, right on corner across is Crown and Anchor Pub,,and cannot endorse it enough. Have eaten here twice, and both were good, but the burgers( don't scoff, these are hand made, one with chorizo and carmalized red onion, the other one with Stilton and brie are amazing. Gavin the host steered us to a break fast place this am, just down the street, had a fabulous cheese and mushroom omelete for 4.80, too!

I know this is not a " trip report" but seriously , if you are in area I give this a huge thumbs up. I anot a new poster, I have posted many reviews, this place has been worthy of this glowing report , not just because of food and reasonable prices, but service has been great. So glad as this is my mates first time in London and I wanted him to love it. The Tower of London was great( but oh so crowded) buying the travel card was best tip on forum( saved us 22 Gbps today) but the food and service at the Crown and Anchor on North Gower has been cherry on cake!

Edited: 28 June 2014, 21:40
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,111 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

I got excited when I saw the title as I thought it was a review of somewhere on the Gower peninsula, but I assume you've shortened the name of some street in London as it's in the London forum!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

The name of the street is North Gower. Its not shortened? Its actually on corner of North Gower and Drummond.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

North Gower Street and Drummond Street.

Leaving off bits of addresses can be confusing over here. There is a Drummond street, Crescent and Gate in London. Although, it's obvious where you mean in this instance. :)

Hope you continue to enjoy London and sorry about the rain today!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,370 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

Yes about that rain!!!!! My 5 th visit here and it has rained every time lol,, and out of other visits all but one we July or August!! Lol

Today is looking to be just lovely though and of course there are lovely pubs to duck into to warm up and dry off anyways!

Enjoying London as always!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

If you say North Gower when you mean North Gower Street, that is shortening the name,

I too thought you meant somewhere in Wales.

It's like saying Liverpool Station when you mean Liverpool Street station, only a couple of hundred miles apart, could be a costly mistake if buying tickets!!

Edited: 29 June 2014, 07:33
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

Please leave reviews in the reviews section. As it is your "review" will quickly drop down the page and be lost,, and cant be compared with other reviews on the pub, nor will it contribute to their rating.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-…

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

Like Roj, I was wondering where the random mention of London came from in a review about South Wales ! Please don't truncate !

Mike

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

However, I love the sound of the chorizo burgers!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

<< Please don't truncate ! >>

Especially if you want to get to Green Street Green Road or Hammondstreet Road (That is supposed to be all one word, although the name of the village is two words).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crown and Anchor on North Gower /review.

Joan, a few steps away on Drummond street are some Indian restaurants. My favorite is the Diwana (vegetarian). I'll bet the fellow at the Crown and Anchor was pointing you to Speedy's for breakfast.

Personally, I only truncate when absolutely necessary, and never within public view.

-- Steve