We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Hi all.

I am due to travel to London from Exeter on the 11 July 2014. I am guessing my roote would be to travel up to Bristol on the M5 then across on the M4. I need to find a station that is outside the congestion charge zone that has a car park available all day or 24 hrs and takes me straight into london without a massive stress. I am not sure if Park and ride schemes are available etc but I need all the help I can get so hopefully someone can help. I am not sure if there is a station more south if I travelled the old road to London from Exeter of the above roote. Please help!!!

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

What time do you need to be in London/are you thinking of travelling and where in London do you want to get to?

You could get the train the whole way from Exeter to Paddington in two and a half hours and less than 40 quid (or less than 30 quid if you got a slow one to Waterloo.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,219 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

I would park at Exeter station and ride in from there ...

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

I sometimes park at Hammersmith but the parking closes at 8pm. Or you could try Westfield Shepherds Bush. Not sure if its 24 hours though, look on their website.

However, if I was looking for "straight into london without a massive stress" I'd get a train.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Hi, Many thanks for getting back. I basically have to take my mother-in-law and brother-in-law as he has a modelling deal that's going to happen and she wants me to drive as she will get to stressed with it all and she says trains are too expensive. I don't know really. I guess she feels paying for fuel for me is cheaper than paying for 3 return journey's from Exeter to London, London to Exeter.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Richmond is just after the end of the M3.

Parking should be no problem in Richmond there is a Carpark on the right just over Twickenham Bridge, the Station is about 10 Minutes walk from there, next to the Station is a Multi-story Carpark charges will be more there.

You can get the District line Tube in Richmond but the overground is faster to central London, the fastest train takes about 15 Minutes to Waterloo and has one stop.

You can buy a Travelcard at Richmond that can be used on any Line.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 12:14
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Hi

Many thanks for getting back. Thats seems an option. Does the car park have a postcode so I can tap it into the sat nav? Is this the best way do you think?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Old Deer Park, Richmond, TW9 2RA

Station post code TW9 2NA

Area Map.

http://goo.gl/h1bc3b

Edited: 30 June 2014, 12:29
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Thanks very much for the help! I will put it to the mother-in-law (god help me ha ha)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Is this outside the congestion charge zone?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tube Station to park and ride into London from Exeter, Devon

Yes.