We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing of the Guard

Uxbridge...
Level Contributor
424 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Changing of the Guard

I am taking my daughter to London in the first week of August. Unless I am mistaken the changing of the guard seems to end at the end of July. So I guess my question is, if she wants to go see Buckingham palace to take the ole "Touristy" pictures is there a particular time that Is better than others? She really just wants her picture taken with one of the guards :-)

PS we dont want to do a "tour" of Buckingham Palace we are fitting far too many things in to this 2-3 day trip so just want to do a fly by picture taking haha.

thanks in advance.

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing of the Guard

www.changing-the-guard.com/dates-times.html

In August it reverts to every other day. I think someone posted here recently that it's likely to be odd days in August but that has yet to be confirmed.

However if she just wants to be photographed with a guard (and please bear in mind that these are real soldiers and therefore deserving of the utmost respect) you should head for Whitehall and Horse Guards Parade where two mounted soldiers can be seen between 10.00 and 4.00. There is also a daily mounted guard change at 11.00 every day (10.00am Sunday) on the parade ground.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing of the Guard

I am in London right now and the concierge in our hotel confirmed that the changing of the guards goes to every other day, beginning on August 1. So the next one will be Sunday, August 3. Good luck!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing of the Guard

changing-guard.com/dates-times/buckingham-pa…

Check this out

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,618 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing of the Guard

If you are really into the Changing of the Guard, you might want to consider visiting the Guard Museum (see link), not too far a walk from Buckingham Palace Gates, if you try to catch the changing of the guards presentation there.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d2…

5. Re: Changing of the Guard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 07:15