We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

o a p bus pass on tube

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
o a p bus pass on tube

can i use my o a p- bus pass on the tube? thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

Bus Pass - there is a clue there !

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,296 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

No.

From the TfL website:

If you're from outside London and have a bus pass issued by another English council, you can use it to travel free on buses displaying the red roundel.

You should show your pass to the driver; at the moment they can't be read by the yellow card readers. If the bus you're on doesn't display the red roundel, check with the driver if you can use it; most will let you travel free between 09:30 and 23:00 on weekdays, and at any time on weekends and public holidays.

English National Concessionary Passes issued by English councils outside London can't be used on Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground or National Rail services.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

<<<<< Bus Pass - there is a clue there ! >>>>>

The OP is from Liverpool. In Liverpool the OAP bus passes can certainly be used on the ferries and possibly other forms of transport as well. So the question was perfectly reasonable.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

The one concession you can take advantage of is to use it on TFL buses at any time (no 9.30 restriction). London-issued OAP (Freedom) passes ARE valid on the Tube, but not yours

5. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 23:13
Edited: 29 September 2014, 23:13
Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,197 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

As I understand it, you can apply for the bus pass when you reach state retirement age. This is now over 60 and progressively rising over the next few years.

7. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 23:13
Edited: 29 September 2014, 23:13
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

Hodder, it's not an over 60s pass either. The age at which eligibility starts is linked to the female pensionable age (because that's still earlier than the male OPA age until they eventually meet). I was eligible to get my bus pass two years ago when I was 61 and two months. People who got it a few months after that had to be slightly older still, and so on.

Although I can only use my pass on the buses in London, I do have a Senior Rail Card which has been linked to my oyster card and gets me a third off off-peak oyster fares. So if you have a Senior Rail Card check to see what London Transport tickets can be use in conjunction with it.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 22:47
9. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 23:10
Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:10
10. Re: o a p bus pass on tube

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 23:14