We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alexandra palace.

scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
alexandra palace.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get to the Raglan hotel from Gatwick airport and also from Luton airport? Does anyone know which will be easiest/cheapest once we get to london? We have a gig at the Alexandra palace so we're thinking of booking the raglan as I've read it's close by. Never been in London before so it's pretty scary when you dont know where your going, especially in a big city. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Alexandra Palace
Alexandra Palace
621 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alexandra palace.

From Gatwick

FCC train to St Pancras.

Tube from Kings Cross (adjacent) to Finsbury Park (Victoria or Piccadilly lines). Exit, follow signs for Wells Terrace, bus station. Get W7 bus (furthest to the left), to Muswell Hill where bus terminates. Queens ave/hotel is about 5 mins walk.

FromLuton - Bus and train to St Pancras as before. Same onward travel.

Do you really need to stay in Muswell hill though? You could stay around the St Pancras/Kings Cross area if it's only one thing you're doing there.

Mentioned in this post
Muswell Hill Guest House
Muswell Hill Guest House
18 Reviews
London, UK
Finsbury Park
Finsbury Park
45 Reviews
London, UK
Wells
Wells
Somerset, UK
2. Re: alexandra palace.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 15:35
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alexandra palace.

Jodie - multiple screen names are not allowed so you may get this post/thread closed.

It depends what else you plan doing. Have a look at Premier Inn/Travelodge in the areas mentioned. Transport runs late enough to get back after a concert, so that wouldn'tbe a problem. When is this happening?

scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: alexandra palace.

Oops sorry, i think its because I signed in with Facebook the second time.

The gig isn't till September but I want to get everything booked in advance. I just dont know where to start!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alexandra palace.

Well the schedule shows various concerts with the latest finish time being 11pm so you would definitely be able to get public transport after. Up to you though. As I said it depends what else you want to do on your trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: alexandra palace.

From luton airport take t.he train to kentish town. Take t he tube to highgate. Take the bus 43 to Muswell hill and walk a few minutes to the hotel. It is indeed walking distance from Ally Pally. I have never stayed at this otel but they seem to do a roaring trade in weddings and funerals!.

Mentioned in this post
Muswell Hill Guest House
Muswell Hill Guest House
18 Reviews
London, UK
scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: alexandra palace.

Thanks for the help. Decided to get the train from Glasgow to London euston as it was a lot cheaper. Can you tell me where to go from euston station when we arrive? Thanks alot

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
London
London
England, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: alexandra palace.

Euston is one stop before Kings Cross on the Victoria line so follow the instructions given in the very first reply sticking to the Victoria line as the Piccadilly line doesn't go through Euston.

Mentioned in this post
The Victoria
The Victoria
741 Reviews
London, UK
9. Re: alexandra palace.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16