We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Rail near N. Kensington?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
National Rail near N. Kensington?

After months of lurking on this forum, I am finalizing plans for our visit to London in 20 days! We have rented a flat in North Kensington. We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and will take a car service from Heathrow to the flat. If not too tired, we will do some exploring of the immediate area, and would like to buy 7 day Travelcards. Our nearest tube stop is Ladbroke Grove, which I understand is not a National Rail station. Is there a National Rail station within walking distance? If no, I would appreciate any suggestions as to which station and how best to get there. Thanks in advance for your help.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

Paddington is probably your closest and most convenient but Willesdon Junction might be closer depending on where you are actually staying

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,686 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

Willesden Junction is London Overground. 7-Day travelcards are now sold on Oyster Cards at London Overground stations (this change came in last year).

So for the OP, Paddington. They may wish to have ordinary one-day travelcards from Ladbroke Grove for the first day's exploration, and buy the 7-day travelcards at Paddington whilst out, asking for them to commence from the following day.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

North Kensington - had to look that one up. Aka White City / Shepherd's Bush near Wormwood Scrubs and the Westway.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

Kenyon - My father was a GP in North Kensington for 50 years (part time after official retirement) and that is what we always called it. Off Ladbroke grove, before Harrow Road.

It was not a place you wanted to live in in the 50 s though.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

Oops, autocorrected - sorry, Kennydon

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

Ah yes my bad re:Willesdon Jn. I got confused by the fact Network Rail owns it but TfL run it

7. Re: National Rail near N. Kensington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16