We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

Saerbeck, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

Hi there folks.

I and my wife are going on a trip to the UK on 21th of july this year.

The flight will arrive at London Stansted and we have to get to the Holiday Inn Express in Croydon.

Could you please give me a hint for getting there?

We want to go by bus and/or train. It would be nice if you could help us out - especially with the pricing: What is the ride going to cost? We need the same ride back on friday the 25th.

Thanks in advance.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

Does it have to be Croydon? It is the opposite side of London from Stansted. And if you plan to go sightseeing in London, you will have to drag from Croydon each day, probably at the same time as thousands of commuters. Central London would probably work out no more expensive when you factor in train and tube from Croydon and the cost of Stansted to Croydon and back again.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

Well I wouldn't stay somewhere in the south of London if I was flying to the north of London.

But as you are - train to Liverpool Street, Tube to Farringdon, train to East Croydon, then tram or walk.

Roughly £30 each way but Oystercard PAYG or travelcards will reduce the cost of Liverpool Street to East Croydon

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

The HIE is a 5-10 minute walk from East Croydon station. Exit via the front of the station and turn right. Follow the tram tracks until you reach a steep downward slope, go down the slope and turn right by the bedding shop, you will then find the hotel on your right.

Please let us know the tines of your flight arrivals and departures so we know the advise is valid.

4. Re: Best way to get from Stansted Airport to hotel in Croydon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15