We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Leicestershire
Level Contributor
11 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Stanmore Station

We are travelling to Stanmore on Friday, should arrive around 11am, we will be leaving our car there until Sunday. What's the likelihood of getting a space? And if the car park is full where else can we park.

Thank you :-)

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Unlikely, as car parks at the end of tube lines generally get full with commuters by about 0730. Don't know the area well enough to suggest alternatives, though

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

This time of year won't be as bad now the school holidays have started. The car park I sometimes use at Northwood was half empty at 11.00am this Monday so I think you should be fine.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

The school holidays haven't started - except for private schools!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Northwood does have a couple of rather posh colleges for young ladies which have already broken up but I genuinely don't think that was the reason. Most of the secondary schools around here seem to have, if not broken up, then at least dispersed their older pupils around the area on trips and work experience.

Stanmore, being another affluent area, will I am sure have some spaces mid morning on Friday.

London
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Where is your final destination in London. As it might be easier to park on the street in Edgware and use the Northern line in. Below is information that I have given out to others about parking in Edgware.

If you want to park in Edgware from M1 follow these instructions.

Parts of Edgware DO have restrictions 7 days a week, and some until midnight with traffic wardens patrolling. But where I propose you park is aobut a 10 min walk to station, near where I live, and there are no restrictions at all.

Come off M1 at J4 go down to roundabout and take 2nd exit off (Green Lane), which has a new development of flats at top of road (Edgware Green). Go down the road, until a turning on the right called Oakleigh Gardens, and park there. It is just before a width restriction. I can assure you this road is fine, failing that then turn right off that into Kings Drive and park there., no restrictions at all for parking at any time. Beware other road do have restrictions.

From Oakleigh Gardens walk back to Green Lane and turn right, walk right to the bottom of the road (looks longer than it is), and at the bottom turn left into Manor Park Crescent. Walk to top of the road, and turn left (this is Station Road, Edgware), and the tube station is about 200 yards down on the right.

Your car should be perfectly safe as long as you are sensible and dont leave anything like sat nav visible.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Is Stanmore still ok to park ? I want to come down to London on a Sunday evening for concert.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,600 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Make sure you check the TfL website to see if there's engineering work scheduled for the Jubilee Line when you want to use it.

There's no use parking at Stanmore if there's bus replacement in operation (as there was last weekend).

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

Sundays won't be a problem although as kennydon says please do check the Jubilee line is running that weekend. There have been a number of closures in recent weeks - tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…track-closures.pdf

Where is the concert? There could be better options.

Edited: 14 March 2015, 20:49
9. Re: Parking at Stanmore Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2016, 04:16