We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places to eat for kids...

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Good places to eat for kids...

After many visits as a couple, my husband and I are planning to visit London for the first time with our almost 3 year old son. Needless to say, our dining experiences will be very different this time! Are there any good places for kids to eat? I'm thinking along the lines of rainforest cafe...

Also, how Christmassy is it in late October? I don't think the lights are switched on til November are they?

Thanks

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places to eat for kids...

Obviously there are all the usual chains like Pizza Express and Carluccios.

On a more individual level, many ethnic places love children - Middle Eastern places, Greek places, for instance. One of those old fashioned Italian trattorias would work.

He might like one of those Chinese places where they push the food round on trolleys and you take your pick as they pass.

england
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places to eat for kids...

the rainforest cafe is certainly an experience. My Old Dutch attracts mixed reviews tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-… but again is a different place to eat

Youu dining can still be what you want - our child (admittedly older than 3 when we went) would recommend the Athenaeum for example www.athenaeumhotel.com/… Unfortunately our favourite Italian seemed to have closed on our last visit but I agree that ethnic restaurants often spoil children.

London lights won't be on until November londontown.com/London/Christmas-Lights-in-Lo…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places to eat for kids...

Lots of children still enjoy.

www.garfunkels.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,463 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good places to eat for kids...

Two family friendly chains which actually do reasonable food are Giraffe and Leon.

5. Re: Good places to eat for kids...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:15