We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Palace-Paddington or Waterloo for combo

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Windsor Palace-Paddington or Waterloo for combo

Hi, I want to go to Windsor Palace. I'm reading that I can get a combo ticket for train and Windsor Palace. I think it's only available at Waterloo station? Also, I read to buy an extension ticket from Zone 2 to Windsor. Will either/both stations do the combo and the extension, and which do you think is the best way to get to Windsor. We're coming from Sloane Square.

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Palace-Paddington or Waterloo for combo

www.southwesttrains.co.uk/windsor-castle.aspx Here is the information on the combination rail ticket / entrance to Windsor Castle. But the return fare from London Paddington to Windsor & Eton Central is just £9.70 from the boundary of zone 2; the off peak return from the boundary of zone 2 to Windsor & Eton Riverside is £10.50.

Check train times and fares at www.nationalrail.co.uk There is no need to book in advance, just buy on the day. When you buy tickets, ask for them 'from the boundary of zone 2' as presumably you will have zones 1 and 2 Travelcards to cover that part of the journey.

2. Re: Windsor Palace-Paddington or Waterloo for combo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16