We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day London trip Plan.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 day London trip Plan.

Dear All,

Greetings of the Day !!!

Me and my wife(42 and 40 yrs) are coming to London on 5th August.

This is our first visit.

We are staying neat Watford.

This is my itinerary for my 5 day London trip.

Please advice if it is doable.

All days we will be Leaving from Watford around 0930-1000 hrs.

6th August.

Windsor castle.

Harrods.

(Need to be back in Watford around 1800 hrs )

7th August.

London eye.

Victoria & Albert Museum.

Kensington palace & Gardens.

(Need to be back in Watford around 1900 hrs )

8th August.

Tower of London.

Tower Bridge.

West Minister Abbey.

Buckingham Palace.

(Need to be back in Watford around 1700 hrs )

9th August.

Big Ben.

River Thames cruise.

West minister Palace.

10th August.

National Gallery.

Trafalgar Square.

My list still has the Gherkin building. do you think I can add this on any of the days ??

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

Well, I can't really help with transport to and from Watford except that I assume it will add a fair amount of time onto your commute so that you will not be able to fit as much in a day as if you were staying in central London.

Harrods is located near the V&A and Kensington Palace, so I would move that to that day. I am unsure how long it will take you to get to Windsor from Watford, but it's at least a long 1/2 day from central London, and you don't plan to start early, so you probably won't fit anything else in.

8th August has too much in it for you to go into everything. Which things do you want to go into and which do you want to see from outside?

You could move Westminster Abbey to the 9th, as it is located across the street from the Houses of Parliament. You could also move Buckingham Palace to that day, as it's only a short walk. This would give you time on the 8th, since you need to be back in Watford by 1700. Leaving at 1000 and returning by 1700 doesn't leave a lot of time for sightseeing.

You can see the Gherkin from a lot of places in London. Did you just want to see it? I'm not even sure if you can go inside.

The London Eye is right across Westminster Bridge from the Houses of Parliament, so it would fit better on a day you will be in that area. You would want to do it on a day with good visibility though, so I'd decide based on the weather myself.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

Dear Bgtm ,

Thank You for your suggestions.

will change some places/dates.

Warm Regards,

Amar.

London
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

It all looks very good. I would suggest that you take a guided walk with www.walks.com .

Is there any reason that you have to be back in Watford so early? If you travel back later, then the train fare may be less expensive.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 21:07
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

Dear Eclectic Angel ,

Thanks for your response.

Actually , on all days of our visit in the evenings we have a private family program.

And that's in Watford area. that's the reason we are staying in Watford.

Warm Regards,

Amar.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

FYI-the London Eye is a short walk across the Westminster Bridge from Big Ben/Westminster Abbey

you may want to combine attractions together

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

Dear LadyMerton,

Thank You.

warm Regards,

Amar.

7. Re: 5 day London trip Plan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16