We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Trolley/ Cart

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
C B
Giddings, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Desert Trolley/ Cart

Any suggestions on where to find an old school, legit dessert trolley? The kind they bring round after dinner with cakes and fruits so you can choose your sweet. And then have whole cream added right on top?

1. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 22:09
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

Some of the old fashioned family run Italian restaurants may still use them although possibly just for show and the actual desserts are then served away from the table. I know there is one in Denham (Da Remo) that does but that is a long way to go just to see a dessert trolley.

http://www.daremo.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

If you want old fashioned and a dessert trolley there is Oslo Court in St Johns Wood. I think it's too old school for a website but you can search for articles and reviews. It's very 1970's , but in a good way.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

I agree with the need for clarity, do you want purchase one or go to a restaurant where they have them? In which latter case an old-school Italian would be your best chance.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 17:54
5. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 22:07
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

We had afternoon tea at The Athenaeum Hotel, and they had a dessert trolley for you to choose desserts from. It was a lovely treat!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

I question how 'old school' they are, at least in the UK. They were popular in the seventies, and the idea probably came from the US or maybe France. I can't honestly recall seeing them much before that except maybe in Italian restaurants. In the days when desserts were apple pie, rhubarb crumble et al, trolleys didn't really come into it. Trolleys are for gateaux and fancy stuff that would traditionally have been considered tea-time rather than dessert fare here. Only later did people consider that sort of thing as dessert material.

C B
Giddings, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

To eat from. Thanks RichmondCA- probably the only useful reply of the lot.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

Charming,. We won't bother next time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Desert Trolley/ Cart

Yes, Charming. I actually recommended a restaurant which has a dessert trolley, as did Adam. I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations.