We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-Booking Attractions

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-Booking Attractions

First, thank you to all the great advise I have received or read in other threads on TA! You guys ROCK!! While stalking the forums I am able to take great notes that is helping tremendously with our plans.

Now for my question:

I would like to pre-book a few of the sites for our visit in August (next month). We have decided to visit one of the bigger sites each day and then enjoy whatever else we can that is close by.

Are there any sites by these locations that may be closed on the day I indicated (Sunday is my main worry....not being sure if more locations are closed on Sunday's). We have a few other days in London and I am waiting for other parties to speak up as to what they want to see....but if they don't do it soon they will get what they get:).

Friday 8/15 - Parliament Guided Tour (then Westminster Bridge, Winston Churchill War Museum, War Rooms)

Sunday 8/16 - Buckingham Palace - Royal Day Out (then Westminster Cathedral)

Sunday 8/17 - Tower of London (then ?)

Monday 8/18 - Westminster Abbey (unless you think it can be added to Monday...but that seemed a little to ambitious if we really want to enjoy ourselves).

Thought a River Boat cruise may be fun....thoughts?

Thank you! Dawn

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,614 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

Definitely pre-book Buckingham Palace.

Westminster Abbey is closed to tourists on a Sunday - only open for worship.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

I would like to pre-book a few of the sites for our visit in August (next month).

-------

Apart from a selected few (B Palace being one) that's unnecessary and expensive..

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

Thank you both.

Joe, are you saying that it is expensive to "prebook" and that we are better off just going to the site & purchasing tickets?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

Cheaper if you use the 2for1 deals with a travelcard purchased from any national rail station throughout London

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london

https:/…ticket-types

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

Joe, are you saying that it is expensive to "prebook" and that we are better off just going to the site & purchasing tickets?

==========

The latter as long as its in conjunction with 241 offers as post 4 says

Edited: 13 July 2014, 12:12
6. Re: Pre-Booking Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:17