We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London at Christmas

Keene, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
London at Christmas

My family will be in London at Christmas time. I noticed that many attractions are close Dec 24-26.

Does any one have suggestions as to things we might do those days in or around London?

We are two adults two twenty year olds and a sixteen year old. Thanks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London at Christmas

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k70015…

Keene, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London at Christmas

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London at Christmas

If you go to Trafalgar Square, there will be plenty of shops open as well as pubs such as The Silver Cross which will be serving Christmas meals. Chinatown will be busy as well. There are a couple of guided walks leaving from Trafalgar Square with www.walks.com as well. Apart from that, there is not much to do, unlike in other European cities such as Paris. In fact, staying for a couple of days in Paris might be an interesting idea.

In winter the days in London are shorter than in more southerly places such as New Hampshire so it will be getting dark by about 4 p.m.. Londoners then just watch the television or their DVDs.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London at Christmas

London at Christmas was one of our most delightful Christmases ever. We got tickets to a Christmas program at the Royal Albert, nightly watched the carolers around the huge tree at Trafalgar Square, ate mince pies and enjoyed hot mulled wine as caroling groups from around London performed. We enjoyed the decorated windows at Harrods and Selfridge's, took in a Christmas market or two, watched the ice skaters at various venues, and ate Christmas dinner at the Paddington Hilton. Did I mention the hot mulled wine...? Even though we are not church people, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services at Westminster Abby and St Paul's Cathedral were quite amazing as well as moving.

5. Re: London at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:17