We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
n/w
Level Contributor
649 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Hi there

I am taking National Express and staying in wandsworth. Which would be the best stop to depart?

Victoria coach station, London Golders Green or London marble Arch?

Thanks in advance

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Where are you going to? There's a National Express coach stop in Wandsworth, near the Southside shopping centre.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Where are you coming from on the coach?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Just about all National Express services start in Victoria Coach station. Other stops are served according to the route

Wandsworth is only served by coaches heading to Portsmouth and Fareham via Guildford

n/w
Level Contributor
649 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Hi I am coming from warrington. The route then goes to london and stops at golders green, then marble arch, then victoria is last stop. Thats why I want to know which of those stops is nearer please, so I know which is best to depart at. Thanks

n/w
Level Contributor
649 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

dzug, I know there is no coach station there. When we get off the coach we'll need to get a bus to wandsworth. Thats why I want to know which stop of the 3 is closer to wandsworth

!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Out of Golders Green, Marble Arch and Victoria - Victoria is nearest to Wandsworth.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Victoria. You'll then need to get a taxi, train and/or bus to Wandsworth. Will depend where you're staying in Wandsworth as to which way will be more convenient but it's only a few miles.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Think you were asking a similar question in another post - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k724…

Look at the central London and South West London bus maps on the TfL website for details - see http://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/bus

n/w
Level Contributor
649 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

Elmersend. No I just asked on the other tyhread how much it would be to get to wandsworth from victoria. I discovered yesterday it makes 2 previous stops so thought if one was nearer it would be daft getting off at Victoria and paying for a bus if there was a previous stop that was nearer! We will get off at Victoria as originally planned then and get the bus. Only £2.20 each whereas a taxi is £15 minimum.

LollyB and Kennydon. Thanks for that. Victoria it is then :)

Edited: 14 July 2014, 12:55
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nearest stop for wandsworth national express

you do realize that its not possible to pay using cash on London buses any more I hope