We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

I will be in London from 22 Sep Monday to 28 Sep Sunday i.e for 7 days. I have left the 7th day as free to meet my friends etc....

Here is the itinerary with help from visitacity.com and tripadvisor:

Day1: will reach London from Edinburgh in Morning 6:30AM: Will start from home at 12 noon for sightseeing.

Madame Tussuads

Oxford Street

Piccadily Square

London Eye

Day 2:

Tower of London

Tower Bridge

Break for Lunch

HMS Belfast

Shakespeare Globe Tour

Day 3:

St. Paul's Cathedral

House of Parliament

Westminister Abbey

St James Park with break for Lunch

Churchill War Rooms

Passing No.10 Downing Street

Harrods

Day 4:

Trafalgar Square

National Gallery

Transport Museum

Covent Garden - Lunch

British Museum

Day 5:

Buckingham Palace (Stateroom and changing of Guard)

Hyde Park ??? - Lunch

National History Museum

Victoria & Albert Museum

Day 6:

Windsor Palace

Lord Cricket Ground Tour

Is the itinerary doable. We are a couple with 15 month old daughter.

I am planning to buy 7 day travelcard to take advantage of 2 for1 . Also i might be coming to London by National Express, it also has 2 for 1 offers.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

It seemed very very busy and exhausting to me, then I got to the bit about having a 15 month old in tow, now it seems impossibly busy.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

With a 15 month old your itinerary is going to be difficult. It would be helpful if you list each day as Sunday, sept whatever, Monday, sept whatever, etc. that way those helping don't have to look up calendar days.

Also, another suggestion is to list what things you want to view inside or just from the outside and if you already have tickets booked. Be sure to double check your opening times on each site website for each day. Some sites are closed during normal hours.

One thing that jumps out right off the bat is globe tour which I think is only until 11:30 or 12:30 depending on the day and you list it in afternoon.

Travelling with a young child you need to build in down times for the child to nap or run off some energy if he or she will be cooped up in a pram or back carrier for hours.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

You seem to have listed most of the main tourist sites, and you have mostly grouped together things in the same area.

Note it is not Piccadily Square but Piccadilly Circus.

Note it is not Windsor Palace but Windsor Castle. Also note this is 25 miles out of central London and would involve a train ride

You have listed lunch in both Hyde Park and St James's Park but neither of these have places to eat near them or do you mean a picnic? (there is a café near the serpentine lake in Hyde Park but I think that is the only place to eat in Hyde Park).

While St James park is fairly small and easy to walk around note that Hyde Park is huge.

You seem to be visiting Hyde Park after seeing Buckingham Palace, and then going to the museums. Note it is about 3 miles from Buckingham Palace via Hyde Park and then to the museums so be prepared for a long walk if you are going to walk it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

Travelling with a 15 month old baby is really going to be daunting. If not you the baby definitely need a break !

I would suggest you to check out the London pass with which you can visit about 60+ tourist spots and it has got further more benefits as well.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

The places that i am visiting are covered in 2 for 1 offers by both National Express and Travel Card. I can give James Park and Hyde Park a miss....wanted to combine then with a lunch and bit of rest....what other places can i have lunch???? should i combine the parks with any other activity???..As said earlier i think i need to give Shakespeare Globe Tour a miss....also it will be difficult for me to watch an act in theater with an infant..........It was a typing mistake...... i know Windsor Castle is far so i am doing it on a separate day with only other activity being Lords Tour......Yes it will be taxing with an infant...thats why i am asking experts here about there views on itinerary and any changes required.......

Edited: 15 July 2014, 09:13
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

what all other places and market can i fit in like Portobello etc....

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

It's rather busy. Personally I would say it's less about what else you can fit in and more about what you can take out!

Having a young child will also make things more difficult, but I have no idea how your infant copes with travel / being pushed about. If he/she is very happy to be pushed and carried, then things will be easier. If he/she needs a lot of naps and hates being in the pushchair for long periods, then it's going to be very hard as you have an awful lot on, especially if you are going in places and not just looking from the outside.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

I will be going inside places and not see from outside....and i will be using a Pram....as i know its difficult to carry an infant....

Edited: 15 July 2014, 13:40
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

Ok - if you are going inside places your Day 3 is almost impossible. St Paul's and Westminster Abbey before lunch, along with (looking at) the Houses of Parliament... it's too much. You need to allow 2-4 hours per 'big' attraction / sight you want to go in, really. And you need to factor in transport, which with a pram will take longer (either buses, or you can fold it and cram it on the tube)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London 6 day Itinery....need suggestions.....

No real lengthy rest stops I notice . How and where are you going to find time to eat and feed/change the baby ?

Seems an almost impossible to do list , I can only imagine you passing by some sights and popping your head inside the museums for instance , it can use up hours looking round those and galleries to appreciate them . I'd cut Madame Tussauds out Day1 altogether in fact