We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16+ oyster card

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
16+ oyster card

My son is presently in full-time Education and has the above. He wants to go to Orpington to visit for a college day.

How much does he need to pay on his oyster to make this journey?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 16+ oyster card

You don't say where from or what time of day. The fare chart for your son can be found at tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tube-dlr…

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,322 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16+ oyster card

Assuming he wants to take the train, it will be the National Rail fare chart that's applicable - tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/national…

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 16+ oyster card

Hi

Yes, but it does not give the price for a child with an oyster card. It just says £13.20, which is a adult price, checked it myself.

I thought that he would not need to pay anymore or a reduced priced on top of the oyster 16+

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 16+ oyster card

According to the TfL page:

Using National Rail services within zones 1-9, he pays half the adult rate using pay-as-you-go on a 16+ Oyster.

The info is in here:

https:/…on-this-page-2

Edited: 17 July 2014, 09:13
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 16+ oyster card

Does he already have a travelcard on his Oyster?

If so he would only be charged for the excess zones. - again at half adult rate

6. Re: 16+ oyster card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:17