We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

Hong Kong, China
12 posts
Save Topic
Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

I am just be informed that the ManU home game match was re-scheduled to 5 Oct 2014, 12pm-2pm

but my booking for return flight at Heathrow will be at 10:30pm in the same day

It it enough time for me to rush to airport from Manchester, or should i change the flight?

Any fast route suggested for me?

Edited: 18 July 2014, 07:06
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

Where is your luggage in this process?

Where are you stating from in the day, London, or Manchester?

Where are you the day before, London, or Manchester??

This may drive your schedule on the day. Without luggage, or with luggage in storage at Heathrow, its doable. Lets say leave ground at 2, Manchester airport at 4, flight at 6, Heathrow at 7.

But I wouldn't fancy doing that because there are a lot of points something could go wrong, i would take a flight the next day from Heathrow. Unless there is a different flight from Manchester to HK late that evening you can take?

Hong Kong, China
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

Thanks.

I will have luggage all the time.

I am planning to take the train from Manchester 3:30pm, then arrive at London Euston around 5:30pm

Then, take underground to Heathrow.

Is it feasible?

Will all the trains and Underground in UK be on time?

I am worrying now

Edited: 18 July 2014, 07:45
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

You cant take your luggage to a football match.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

<<I will have luggage all the time.>>

Not quite, you wont be taking it into the football stadium !

So, you'll have to store it at a train station. Either Manchester Piccadilly or London Euston depending upon where you started from on the day, which is why I asked.

<<Will all the trains and Underground in UK be on time?>>

No one can possibly know this. In theory catching a train from Manchester Piccadilly at 330 would give you sufficient time, and only a big hold up from Manchester to London would be an issue, as once in London you have several ways to get to Heathrow.

However, 5 October is a Sunday. Sometimes there are engineering works on Sundays that can cause hold ups. I suspect its too early to know that yet but someone else may know better

Hong Kong, China
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

To joeintheuk and fuchsia2014,

Many thanks for your information.

Then I will not bring the luggage into the stadium and will leave them at a Hotel (Near the Piccadilly Station) in Manchester

Yes, the biggest issue maybe the train from Manchester to London. According to your experience, if engineering work is carried out, the trains will be delayed for hours or even full day without the train?

Thanks for help.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 08:16
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

According to your experience, if engineering work is carried out, the trains will be delayed for hours or even full day without the train?

======

Usually it just means a delay, for example a bus may replace part of the train journey, or the train will be rerouted a different way making it slower.

If you put your journey into the national rail website it should say. And I have done. And this is what it says

It is not yet known how Virgin Trains services will be affected by engineering work from Saturday 04 to Friday 10 October 2014. Please check back nearer the time of travel.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

wow....i'd not attempt that on the day you're flying on an international flight. You only need one part of your journey to go wrong and you miss your flight then you *may* need a hotel overnight not including getting a new walk up ticket.

Hong Kong, China
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

Many Thanks.

If delayed, slower for an hour, I will arrive at London 6:30pm (from Manchester 3:30pm + 1 hour accident)

If the flight is 10:30pm, (need check in before 2 hours, maybe around 8pm)…..hope I can still have sufficient of time…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

why not fly from Manchester to Heathrow ?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Watch ManU and catch up the flight at Heathrow in same day

Getting out of the ground, to Piccadilly, collecting you luggage and on to a train at 3:30pm could be quite tight for you. I personally would look at flying the next day but out of Manchester rather than Heathrow.