We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customer Service Incident

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Customer Service Incident

Some of you have probably seen this already and have no idea it is a true story...but it's funny.......

WINNIPEG AIRPORT

This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts, wit and ingenuity of this girl. For all of you out there who've had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

An award should go to the Air Canada gate agent in Winnipeg for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

A crowded Air Canada flight was cancelled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.

He slapped his ticket on the counter and said "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS." The agent replied, "I am sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone,

"May I have your attention please, " she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Air Canada agent, gritted his teeth and swore "F*** You!".

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in

line for that too!"

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customer Service Incident

Cornish: I have read that story before but without the last two lines.

Miami
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Customer Service Incident

That's GREAT! Thanks for the laugh!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customer Service Incident

I had to laugh as I thought, "yep a typical Canadian response."

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customer Service Incident

A friend who worked with me at the airport was a very placid girl. Nothing riled her. Whenever the occasional passenger would vent their nerves and frustration on her, she would pull out a small mirror she kept at her check-in desk. She would hold it up so the person could see themself, never saying a word but smiling sweetly. Then she would calmly put it away. It worked for her every time. The passenger would sputter into silence and sheepishly wait for her to help them.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Customer Service Incident

Molly: What a great idea!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Customer Service Incident

People who work with the traveling public need to have nerves of steel, the patience of Job, and the ability to remain calm under fire. I admire the ones who are really good at it. I know I sure wouldn't be.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Customer Service Incident

Thanks for the laugh of the day, cp! Too funny...

NYC
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Customer Service Incident

I've received this in email several times before - saying it originated in Denver airport, San Francisco Airport and Puerto Rico airport. No matter, it is a funny story.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Customer Service Incident

It reminds me of the supposedly true story about a person in economy class who loudly objected to the flight attendant that she could not possibly be seated next to a person of a different colour and could something be done about a change of seat. She was told that all economy seats were taken and she then asked to be moved to business class. The attendant said she would see what she could do, and went away. On her return she told the lady that a move to business was possible. As the lady got up to move the attendant told her, " no madam, you are not being moved, your ' unacceptable ' neighbour is to be moved." Apparently all those nearby who had heard the episode clapped loudly.

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Customer Service Incident

oh i love that story lenny.,..... poetic justice!