We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

I have a 5.5 hour layover this Sunday at Heathrow, arriving at 13:25 terminal 5 and leaving at 19:05 terminal 3. Looking for a good pub near by to have a pint, a bite to eat and watch the fourth round of the Open. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,352 Reviews
from US$133.30*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,124 Reviews
from US$142.20*
US$158.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
510 Reviews
from US$120.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$355.00*
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,330 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

Your 5.5 hours is likely to be only 2 hours once you include the time to clear immigration (up to 1 hour), need to be back at the terminal (T minus 2 hours) and the time taken to get to and from a pub (up to 15 minutes each way). If I were you I'd stay in T3 and find a bar there, or alternatively the No. 1 Lounge which may well have the Open on TV.

But, if you'd like to take a gamble, you could try the Three Magpies on Bath Road, or the Pheasant on West End Lane. The Pheasant is a longer journey so you'd probably only get 1.5 hours there. They're mentioned in this traveler article - tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c170832/Lon…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,224 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

I agree, if all you want to do is eat, drink beer and watch the Open on telly I'd get over to Terminal 3 on the Flight Connections bus and find a bar there.

Once you pass through UK Immigration you absolve the airline(s) of any responsibility for getting you to your final destination - so if you are too late getting back through security and to your departure gate, tant pis.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

I figured it might be a bit tight. Good advice and thanks for your replies.

4. Re: Layover at Heathrow terminal 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17