We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

I am traveling to London on August 27th and spending most of my trip there with only a few days in Amsterdam and Paris. How much spending money will I need? I am staying at the Generator Hostel in London and plan on doing a lot of the main tourist attractions along with shopping (urban outfitters) I don't want to have to watch my budget while here. Please let me know what you think my budget should be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

I think this is the same question that you asked previously in

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k74862…

I don't think you hit a satisfactory answer because your question was vague. You will get better answers if you describe your plans and needs.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

How much spending money do you need? - no idea. what are you going to buy? If I gave my daughter £100 she would have come back with £90, if I had given my son £100 he would have come back with £5. Ask your Mum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

About £ 468.52

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

Your budget should be enough to do the things you want to do, places you wish to visit, things you want to eat and drink and items you may wish to purchase.

As no-one but you has any idea as to what these things may be then sorry but we can't help.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,078 posts
5,332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

Most attractions have prices stated on their websites. Many of the best museums are free. Meals - what you are willing to spend. Hotels - you will know the price when you reserve. Shopping - completely up to you. Transportation - See Travel Cards and Octopus Card Situation.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,506 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

< Travel Cards and Octopus Card Situation. >

Oystercard

But generally you are right - you can spend a lot of time where you spend nothing except food, accommodation and travel - and not feel you've missed much.

Actual cash needed in London is minimal - most things can be put on a card, so it tends to be incidentals like snacks, DONATIONS TO FREE MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES that need cash

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

If you don't want to watch your spending you can simply take the attitude that you will do what you want to do and buy what you want to buy, and it will cost whatever it costs.

If you do need to watch your funds, then you DO need to set a daily budget at what you can afford, and check your daily spending against that budget. We can't set that for you because we don't know how much personally you can afford! If you find you are overspending then you know you need to rein it in and reset your budget at a lower level on one or more subsequent days. Conversely if you find you have underspent you can increase your budget for other days should you wish.

8. Re: How much spending money do i need for 2 weeks in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:15