We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London - Paris - Rome

Ipoh, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
London - Paris - Rome

Hi! My wife, 5 year old son and I are planning a trip to London, Paris and Venice/ Rome between 17th November & 5th December 2014. We'd be traveling from London to Paris (25th Nov) by the EuroStar & then to Venice (30th Nov) and Rome (3rd Dec) before heading back home (5th Dec). I am writing for some guidance as what would be the most effective way to utilise our time, places to stay/ visit/ eat, modes of travel (factoring in our 5 year old). I really need some assistance in this and look forward to hearing from you guys. Thank you!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$140.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,955 reviews
from US$144.53*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
512 reviews
from US$97.73*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
812 reviews
from US$97.73*
Illinois
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London - Paris - Rome

You should look at a guidebook. I used one called London with Kids when my daughter was younger. It had lots of suggestions for things to do with kids. I got it from Amazon.

I'd consider your itinerary though. You don't have much time in Rome. Could you drop Venice maybe?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,104 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London - Paris - Rome

It is a short time in Rome.

Are your tickets purchased? Are you flying to Venice from Paris? Are you flying home from Rome?

Remember, you will be dealing with shorter daylight hours at that time of year.

Ipoh, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London - Paris - Rome

Thank you for the tip : )

Ipoh, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London - Paris - Rome

Hi Laura. The only tickets purchased are the from Malaysia to London. And yes, the plan is to fly from Paris to Venice and then back home from Rome. The main reason Rome is in the itinerary is because I believe there aren't any flights from Venice to Malaysia.

Please advise if you consider this doable. Also, would you suggest other means of transport between Paris & Venice? Looking forward to hearing from you : )

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,619 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London - Paris - Rome

Make sure you research these cities and understand why you are wanting to visit them before fixing your dates.

Each has quite a lot to see/do so it is important to have a good feel for what you want to achieve at each before you will know, with higher certainly, how many days to allocate to each city.

In regard to Rome, I too am curious about the short stop. Is this due to there not being much you want to see/do in Rome or due to the need to fly out of Rome? If there is is little interest, I would suggest skipping Rome. Yes, flying out of Venice would require a connection before your onward long-haul flight to KL but this isn't much different than making the long train journey from Venice to Rome, for the sake of a direct flight.

If, after research, you decide it is worth investing more time in Rome, you can then rethink your schedule above before making hotel and transportation commitments.

Anyway, just my two cents! Hope you enjoy your trip thinking and planning.

Ipoh, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London - Paris - Rome

Thank you BradJill. Much appreciated and very good points raised too

: )

7. Re: London - Paris - Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16