We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare price

Kirby Bedon, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
taxi fare price

hi guys

how much in a lack cab t rom Euston to Victoria to ge the Gatwick express , have been advised its around 30 pound this is way to high for the short distance.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$124.70*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$147.20*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.50*
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare price

Take the tube

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare price

On which date and time are you traveling?

You don't need to take the Gatwick Express, which is very expensive at £19.90. There's a direct train service to Gatwick from St. Pancras (Thamleslink/First Capital Connect) that costs just £10, and St. Pancras is just a 10 minute walk or very short taxi ride from Euston (about £5).

But. please let us know your date of travel in case there are engineering works that affect the train routes.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 19:15
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,859 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare price

Are you coming down from Welshpool by train? If you are, and you have bought a through ticket, it will be valid for the Underground transfer between Euston and Victoria. Alternatively, just do as USBusinessTraveller suggests and take the train from St Pancras unless you have a pressing need to or desire to visit Victoria along the way.

If you are coming down and haven't got a through ticket you will need to buy a ticket for the tube (though I'm tempted to ask if that is the case, why haven't you got a through ticket???)

Kirby Bedon, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare price

just want to know the cost of a cab, I know all the routes in Gatwick's via tube

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,962 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare price

Depends on time of day and day of week but I would guess it will be nearer £20 than £30.

You are allowed to say please and thank you - we are trying to save you time and money.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare price

>>just want to know the cost of a cab, I know all the routes in Gatwick's via tube<<

But why do you want to go all the way to Victoria when you could catch a train from St. Pancras which is a less than 10 minute walk away, and even less by cab. As has been stated, if you haven't booked this already you should book it as one ticket.

>>I know all the routes in Gatwick's via tube<<

I'm not even sure what that means?

Kirby Bedon, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare price

im coming down today arrive in euston at 2 , have quite a lot of bags and do have a through ticket, wanted to avoid the tube as a few bags to navigate.

Kirby Bedon, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare price

And Thank you for your help, my laptop crashed when I was trying to type last night hence why it sounded abrupt. so the best idea is kings x then,

Reason I didn't want to get the tube is we have four bags and I wasn't sure at Euston if there would be appoint we would need to navigate a few stairs

Is the kings x train final destination Gatwick any idea of the platform number and will be through ticket from the midlands be valid , coming down on virgin.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare price

Well then walk (or cab) to St Pancras and take the Thameslink/FCC.

If cheap is what you need, then that route is cheaper in both regards (cheaper taxi fare and cheaper train fare). Enjoy your BA Business Class flight to Cancun by the way.

Kirby Bedon, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fare price

ive just checked the times and they all seem to need a change either at Victoria to join the Gatwick express or london bridge the one mentioned doesn't seem to go that frequently.

im happy to use the tube but after we have gone down the first escalator can you remember if there are any stairs we would need to navigate.

as you can see we are going biz class and hence quite a bit of luggage, taxi from home would have been to expensive , and out of the circuit for a chauffer, the joys of getting to Gatwick hay. lol