We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip help appreciated

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short trip help appreciated

I arrive at Euston at 10am on Wednesday, travelling home the next day around 18.00 hours. I am staying in the Bloomsbury area so in walking distance to my hotel.

We want to drop off our luggage and go to a few shops in Regents Street, drop shopping off at hotel and go to St Pauls. We have tickets for the Jersey Boys 19.30 performance and I want to know will

we be able to fit St Pauls in on our first day? We want to be in the theatre area around 17.30.

The next day we had planned to walk around Whitehall taking in all the major sites and visit Harrods & Harvey Nichols before heading back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and make the short walk to the station.

On our last trip in March the main transport we used was the bus, which was fantastic. Very easy to use and frequent. You see so much more by travelling this way.

I would appreciate any guidance.

Best regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip help appreciated

I reckon it can be done but you'll be cutting it very close especially if you want to really explore st pauls but yes, you can do it in the time allowed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip help appreciated

Yes but it obviously depends on how long you want to spend shopping and how long you think you want to spend at St Paul's. But yes if you are happy having just an hour or so for each because London is big and getting from A to B , every time you make a journey, eats up a fair bit of time.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trip help appreciated

I'd miss out St Pauls. You need a good long time there to make the exorbitant admission price worthwhile.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short trip help appreciated

St. Paul's is spectacular, and hate to give it short shrift but wouldn't cut it out, either. How about starting your first day there so you can decide how much time you want to spend? Then you can do as much of Whitehall as you have time for before (or even after) the show. That would give you all day for shopping on Thursday, and might even cut down on some of the backtracking that you'd otherwise do.

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short trip help appreciated

Why on earth would you want to be in the theatre area for 17.30 for a show that starts 2 hours later, better spend the time at St Pauls and grab a sandwich from Tesco, Pret, M &S etc then eat later.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 19:29
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Short trip help appreciated

Thanks for all your input guys.

Linda it is my Mum's 70th birthday so I intend on pushing the boat out with a few champagne cocktails and a wonderful dinner. Therefore I need to be in that area around the time stated.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 22:34
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Short trip help appreciated

I have decided to miss stopping off in Regents Street for shopping when we arrive. Our plans are now:

To wander around Whitehall taking in all the sites and stopping for lunch. Please can someone recommend somewhere to eat around this area?

We will then have time to get back to the hotel to shower and change and make our way to Piccadilly.

The next day we now plan on going to St Pauls, then do Harrods & Harvey Nicholls in the afternoon.

8. Re: Short trip help appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18