We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

My flight touches down at Heathrow at 9 am on a Sunday. I will clear customs and hop on the Heathrow Express to Piccadilly. Do you estimate I'd reach Picadilly by 11:30? Thanks in advance for your advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

Heathrow Express doesn't go to Piccadilly

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

The Heathrow Express doesn't go to Piccadilly - nor even Piccadilly Circus

Where do you actually want to be?

California
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

Customs takes about 5 seconds to walk through, what takes time is getting off the plane, getting to passport control and through THAT line. I'd budget at least an hour. Same as above, the HEX goes to Paddington Station, so if you need to be at Piccadilly Circus, the HEX is a very big wasted expense. Perhaps it's just a typo though?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

Im sure you will be able to reach Piccadilly Circus by 11, but as mentioned about Heathrow Express wouldnt take you to Piccadilly Circus, but Piccadilly line will.

If flying in from Europe then 30 mins average, if long haul then lets say 60 mins average, and if national its about 10/15 mins to clear passport control and luggage from the flight landing time. this is just a guid , i have had worse days as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

The thing about passport control is that no one can really tell you in advance how long you will have to queue.

A few weeks ago I came into T5 on a Sunday evening and stodd there for over 30 minutes (European flight). I arrived on the same flight on a Monday two weeks later and didn't have to queue at all. It just shows how different things can be.

As for getting to Piccadilly Circus (I assume), don't waste your money on the Heathrow Express. Take the Piccadilly Line to get there. You won't have to change trains and by the time you manage to get from the HEX at Paddington to Piccadilly Circus the tube will much probably be quicker.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

I would think no. It might take just two hours to get off the plane/through passport control/pick up luggage. If you meant Piccadilly Circus, it's a ~50 minute Tube ride from Heathrow.

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

Oh, you're all so helpful, but of course the confusion is mine, I really did mean Paddington. You've given great info, thanks.

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

Oh, you're all so helpful, but of course the confusion is mine, I really did mean Paddington. You've given great info, thanks.

9. Re: Clearing customs/Heathrow Express time estimate.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16