We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

hi coming into heathrow on aug 18 at 6:50 am we arrive - is it hard to take tube or train to that station (and how many changes would we have to do) - There are two of us - just got quote from airport to hotel for 37 pounds - thanks for any advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

37 pounds is a reasonable quote. Whilst the tube may be cheaper, take the offer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

Who is the quote from?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

I think it is from blackberry cars - I though it wasn't a bad quote - that quote is from heathrow to our hotel in London doubletree Victoria and then 52 pounds from hotel to gatwick

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

will the tube be difficult and with a lot of changes

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

The tube is easy enough. Thousands with luggage manage every day. You get the Piccadilly line to Hammersmith where you change - very easy, cross platform to the District line to Victoria. There are steps out of the station at Victoria.

Blackberry are a good cab co though and that's a fair quote.

The alternative is to get the Piccadilly line to Green Park (step free access) and hail a black cab the rest of the way - about £20 all in and no need to book anything.

For Gatwick you should get the train from VIctoria (Southern railway) NOT a cab as one hapless poster recently discovered to his cost. A road journey is long and risky due to possible traffic jams.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 15:37
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

I just did this a couple of weeks ago. There is one very easy change from the Picadilly to District line if you change at Hammersmith. However, there are a decent amount of steps at Victoria Station. My husband, daughter and I managed fine, but it was early on a Sunday morning. I don't know that I would attempt it during a week day rush hour.

We also left via Gatwick and took the train from Victoria Station. It was very easy. I don't remember the cost off the top of my head, but it wasn't bad.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

I would def take the train from Victoria to Gatwick with my daughter - but I think the only problem we have is that my flight is 5;30 am and I need a train like at 3;00 am don't know if they leave that early the hotel says that that don't leave until 3;30 but when I go on the tube website or train web site it says they leave at 3;00 and gets to airport at like 3;47 am - so a little crazy (go knows why I picked a flight so early out - but if I remember correctly it might of been the only flight to Almeria spain

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

thank you will look up and see how early the train leaves again (I may be reading it wrong) - my flight is at 5:30 - 5:45 in the am - stupid me should of stayed at the airport the night before (but goofed when I made my reservations and of course there is no cancellation) thank you again

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

There are usually trains all night. At that time (you would need to leave around 2/2/30 am by road so shouldn't have problems with traffic (the one time I wouuld risk it by road).

What date are you going to Gatwick?

(And yes very early flights are nearly always a false economy!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,791 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow to Victoria Station with luggage

What date is your flight from Gatwick?