We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

If anyone has tickets that they cannot use or want to sell for the Ceremony of the Keys at Tower of London for Sept 6-9 (any night), please let me know. I thought 1.5 months in advance was time enough to reserve the free tickets but I was wrong. So disappointed to have to miss this....Thanks for any last minute availability if you know of any!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
492 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

I don't know if they check ID, but the tickets come with the requester's name on them, and state you have to be named on the ticket to use it.

Mauzens-et-Miremont...
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

It does say on the website that it is illegal to sell or purchase tickets through third party so it's probably not the best idea for you. I attended with my family last year and had to name all the people who would be attending.

I understand how disappointed you must be.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

When I went my name was on my ticket and they did check ID. That was some years ago. I would think if anything security would even be tighter.

From their website:

<<It is illegal to sell or purchase tickets for Ceremony of the Keys via third parties and Historic Royal Palaces reserve the right to refuse permission, if a valid form of ID is not presented on the evening.>>

<<Please apply in writing including the following with your letter:

Names of all attendees - >>

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

Well I guess I will just have to go back to London again and this time, plan WAAAAAAY in advance. Thanks for the info, everyone. I am sure it is a great experience but not great enough to break the law for!

5. Re: Long Shot for Tickets to Ceremony of Keys in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15