We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's the weather??

Italy
13 posts
Save Topic
how's the weather??

Hi All!

I am going with my girlriend to London on Thursday for 5 days. Just wondering... how should we dress? what's the weather like at this time of the year??

secondly, any suggestions as to what we should bring that is important and that we would never think of?

it's our first trip there!

thank you all!!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
437 reviews
from US$104.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$100.10*
London, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how's the weather??

Hi Web23

The only certain thing about London is that the weather is unpredictable. Currently the weather reports are 20 degrees 68F and tis a bit grey and windy. It is also expected to stay like this for the next few days. I think you should bring an umbrella just in case. I live with an Italian who moved here a month ago and he insists that you cant get good coffee in London so you may want to bring your own.

Italy
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how's the weather??

thanks livelife!

i will take some sweaters and try to live without my espresso!!!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how's the weather??

Quite a few heavy showers around and it's been chilly the last few nights. Gosh, wasn't it dark early last night.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how's the weather??

Today & the past few days, it's been most pleasant. Low 70s, bright blue skies with some cloud & a brisk fresh wind - tree tops rustling.

Daylight hours are shortening & there is a slight early morning chill. We've been having some showers <gasp>, so things are fresher.

I carried round rain gear all last weather & barely met a droplet.

The older larger trees are just beginning to shed the odd brown leaf, more due to drought than Autumn....still several weeks away.

It could warm up fast again (still August) or dampen down in to an early Autumn.

So it's light layers - thin T , thin jumper, thin socks, silk 'n' cashmere, so reliable ;-) - & a light waterproof windproof layer in case of windy showers.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
300 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how's the weather??

i have given up relying on the weather reports. both the met office and bbc weather have been wrong so much lately.

today was meant to bring wet wet wet and more wet weather. i thought i may as well stay in my house all day. then i though "no! - i am going to brave this wet weather" and got my umbrella and waterproof coat and ventured outside. as soon as i stepped out the sun began to shine and it the sky was blue and has been for the last few hours.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how's the weather??

well it has been sunny here, but we have also had about 5 heavy downpours and at lunchtime a very very heavy hail stones which I though were going to come through the conservatory roof, glad I wasn't out in them, they would have be stingers.

7. Re: how's the weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 19:15