We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire Heathrow

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire Heathrow

Hello!

Can someone suggest best car hire in Heathrow? We need to hire car for 3 days, but we are strictly on budget, so looking for best available price-quality rate.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire Heathrow

There is no such thing as "the best" because it varies so widely from day to day and car type to car type, but judging by posts here, there is a worst, and that is Green Motion, give them a wide berth. And be careful if you book through a discounter that doesn't tell you who the actual company is, because that may well turn out to be GM, thats how some have ended up with them.

Edited: 01 August 2014, 09:41
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire Heathrow

Thanks! Will try to avoid this company. Actually we are looking for small car (2 persons) and on 23-26 August

3. Re: Car hire Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 10:08
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire Heathrow

What I do is use a search engine like kayak.com to look for deals at LHR. If I find something I like I go to the rental company's website and book a car without prepayment. Then I search again a few days later for a better deal. If I find one I book it and cancel the first. I only use major companies unless I can determine that a local is good.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire Heathrow

Thanks! will try

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire Heathrow

Sorry for picking the question again- is argos car search reliable?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,193 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire Heathrow

Argus is just a third party/broker for car hire. It's OK but make sure like all of them you know which car hire company you're actually getting before booking. And avoid if it's Green Motion.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire Heathrow

Thank you very much!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,475 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire Heathrow

August Bank Holiday is Monday, August 25 so traffic is also likely to be heavy on the roads.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,760 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire Heathrow

A broker I use regularly is Autoeurope. They tell you before you book which rental company you will be using. Mainly world brands like hertz etc..

Looking at your dates they have a compact (e.g. Opel Corsa) for £55 for three days From National Hire.