We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b & b

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Topic
b & b

Does anyone know of a B & B that sleeps seven in Central London?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: b & b

Frankly, I think you're chasing an illusion - there aren't any. Well maybe there are but I've never really noticed B&Bs when bussing/walking around London. You'd be better off looking for a small hotel - maybe one that styles itself boutique

booking.com for example lists 18 establishments under their B&B category in central London. None of them actually style themselves as B&B - more usually hotel and some are actually chain hotels, not necessarily any the worse for that. There's one or two of them you might look at if you are not dead set on the words B&B - they meet your sort of description in your other posts.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 23:09
Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
6,468 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: b & b

I agree. I think you are using the term B&B in a way that is not recognised over here. In the UK a B&B establishment is one where the owner, who very probably lives in a wing of the (usually quite large) house, rents out rooms to paying guests. This enterprise will often be a supplement to other forms of income coming into the household. You'll have to venture some way into the suburbs before you find B&Bs and, though good value, savings are soon wiped out by much higher transport costs on uncomfortably crowded trains.

Dzug1 calls it right. B&Bs are very rare in Central London, though Captain Bligh's house seems to be an exception, so instead just look for budget hotels. People ask about these regularly on this forum and a quick scan through on the search facility will give you plenty to consider.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b & b

Just to note, OP has 2 threads running with essentially the same question. Here's the other.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k76864…

KD129, you'd be better to delete one of your threads to avoid confusion. Just click on Report inappropriate content at the bottom of your post and then Delete My Post.

4. Re: b & b

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17