We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi travel experts

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hi travel experts

Tiime to leave London and I need to go to the NL before I go home, I will be traveling on thuesday from Mortlake to Stansted airport (fly with Ryan air).

The plain will depart at 16:50 and I think I need to be there in good time in advance. Could you tell me the fastest and easyest way to Standsted and the cheepest we are two adult and one 15 year old, Could we use our Oster cards if there is something left of them on parts of the way ?

many thanks for all your advise

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.15*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.27*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.56*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.56*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,909 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi travel experts

With a flight departing at 1650, the need to cross all of London to reach the airport and the potential for lengthy queues at Stansted (there was a thread about this recently, but I can't find it right now) you will need an early start.

If I were making the journey I'd take a fast train from Mortlake to Vauxhall and change there to the Victoria line. Alight at Tottenham Hale and take the Stansted Express from that station to the airport. There are stairs at Vauxhall station but there are escalators up from the platform at Tottenham Hale, and the platform for the StanEX is at grade with the ticket hall.

You may use PAYG on Oyster from Mortlake to Tottenham Hale, but will need to buy rail tickets to the airport. Fare will be £31.50 for you and your daughter.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi travel experts

Thank you haw early do you think....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi travel experts

I always get to Stansted 3 hours before a flight.

4. Re: Hi travel experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16