We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

My family ( 5 of us) will be in London and want to see the Chelsea Leicester Premier League football game on August 23rd but the game is sold out (it was sold out before general admission went on sale). There are many websites offering tickets but i don't know if they are reliable. What is the best way to get tickets?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

The only legal third party website for Chelsea tickets is Thomas Cook Sport, which sells ticket and hotel packages. Other than that you could see if there's a hospitality package available from Chelsea, but expect to pay an arm and both legs for that.

Other websites are to be avoided like the plague. The touting/scalping (which is what those do) of football tickets is illegal in the UK. And many of those sites are scams that take your money and give you forgeries, or nothing at all.

Check here for other matches in London that weekend (though you won't be able to get Palace tickets either as they're for members only) and don't be put off by Championship and League One; they're still very competitive.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k75549…

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

Until recently, Chelsea allowed resales thru Viagogo, but they canceled that arrangement a few weeks ago. There are still a few hospitality packages for the Leicester game on sale there. It is safe, just exceedingly dear.

Chelsea is planning to set up its own ticket exchange that avoids the fees attendant to sites like Viagogo, but it is not clear when that is going to happen.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

Thanks. Very helpful, I appreciate it.

Christchurch, NZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

According to the Chelsea website, the Ticket exchange is due to be up & running from early August - but you do need to be a Member to take advantage of this service.....plus I think you would be very lucky to find 5 tickets anywhere near to each other.

I am in a similar situation for the Chelsea vs Swansea game on 13 September. Tickets went on sale to members yesterday and have already sold out - so my plan to get a season ticket holder friend to get me one when they went on sale next week has been scuppered!! Tossing up whether to sell my first born to pay for a hospitality package.......

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,344 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

Tossing up whether to sell my first born to pay for a hospitality package.......LOL...for some games I would, but not for Chelsea....

Just looked at the prices...£150 is quite a reasonable amount for hospitality, really is for a Premiership club

Edited: 05 August 2014, 10:30
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

are there any tickets left for the chelsea's game in london

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

are there are more tickets left for the chelsea game there is a party of four coming in august the 14th to LONDON

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

colombia2015,

August 2015 will be NEXT season, and the fixtures won't be announced until mid June. So we don't know who Chelsea will be playing that weekend or where. I suggest you come back onto this forum mid June and either start your own thread or if there's a thread about London football matches for the 2015-16 season post it on there.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,954 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

colombia2015,

And, further to my post above, because the August 2015 fixtures haven't been announced, no tickets for those games have been sold. So, you can start planning on how best to get them (they are scarce), IF Chelsea is playing at home that weekend.

Look at http://www.chelseafc.com/ for options including memberships and (expensive) hospitality packages, as well as thomascooksport.com/Football/…Chelsea-FC , who do packages including match tickets and hotels (you have to book both a hotel and a ticket).

10. Re: Chelsea Leicester Football Tickets August 23rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2016, 07:16