We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borough Market sitting areas?

antioch
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Borough Market sitting areas?

Looks like Borough Market will be a great casual place to visit to get over indulged in food goodness, but once you get a order from say Roast To Go or that swiss cheese sandwich place where do you go to chomp on down?

Edited: 04 August 2014, 05:05
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borough Market sitting areas?

I eat my (Kapoacasein) grilled cheese sandwich standing up just a few yards away from the stall. Many people wander into the grounds of (right outside) Southwark Cathedral to each their lunch. It doesn't appear to be frowned upon but if you did that be respectful that that's a churchyard.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
5,747 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borough Market sitting areas?

Here is a picture of a small seating area at Borough Markets (see link) taken early in the morning. During midday, when its crowded I doubt you find much available.

tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g1…

Similar to the mention by USBusinessTraveller above, we usually take our bites over to the riverside and just grab a spot and enjoy the Thames. Its just a few minutes walk.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 07:47
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borough Market sitting areas?

There is a covered seating area at the corner of Borough High St and Stoney St (one of the main entrances to the market).

You can also perch along the walls outside Southwark Cathedral or if you walk round to the rear of Southwark Cathedral (by Glaziers Hall) there is another area overlooking the river with some seating.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borough Market sitting areas?

I like to go back to The Rake and enjoy a pint or two with my lunch. Customers are welcome to bring their own food as their own menu is almost non-existent.

5. Re: Borough Market sitting areas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16