We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels OR Holiday Rentals ?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
29 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels OR Holiday Rentals ?

Hi

We are 2 ( me & my wife .. 60+) planning to stay in London for 6 nts .. what is the preferable option; to rent an apartment OR to stay at a hotel? noting that we are always having our lunch/dinner outside.

Appreciate your reply.

Regards.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels OR Holiday Rentals ?

I think it really depends on your budget.... number one factor.

I am always a "hotel" person, in all our travels, we pick the top luxury hotels in the destination.

However, with London, and we visited in July, peak season for tourists. We HAD to find an apartment that had all that we need in a good location, and a good price ! It worked out fabulous for us.

We will definitely look into renting apartment in the future if necessary.

For TWO people, 6 days, I think if you can afford it, then stay in a hotel. However, living in an apartment in a nice area, gave us a total different experience. We felt more like we were living like a "local" by going to the supermarket, or cooking at the apartment. going to the park after dinner.

However, we stayed 3 weeks. If only 6 days, and I could afford a nice hotel.... I wouldn't mind it at all.

So, it's really up to your own budget, (dates?) and also whether you like Hotel with maid service daily, or apartment style, where you feel private and cozy in a your temporary "home".

Good Luck !

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
29 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels OR Holiday Rentals ?

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Regards.

3. Re: Hotels OR Holiday Rentals ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16