We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

Hello everyone, I just successfully purchased 2 tickets to attend the westham vs liverpool game on sept 20th, this is going to be my first premier game so it is VERY exciting!! I am personally an arsenal fan, so I am not favoring either side during this game, but i am sitting in the home zone. Any tips or feedback for my first premier game?? Any comments would be great, thanks !

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

Just keep saying Come on you irons, Sam sort it out if Hammers are losing.....that would do, don't wear anything red and don't speak in Scouse accent, don't mention Kenny Dalgliesh and do say Bill Shankley was overated.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 19:34
rhyl, north wales
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

Don't cheer when (not if)Liverpool score,Im at that game myself so hope you enjoy it

Edited: 05 August 2014, 19:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

Get tube to Upton Park, not West Ham. A visit to the pub is pretty essential for the experience but don't expect a great pub experience. There used to be a slightly grim pub in the market on the way to the ground from the tube (the Queens perhaps), if you go away from the ground after exiting the tube on Green St I think there are a couple of more traditional pubs. Otherwise the Hamilton Hall in Liverpool St station is a reasonable establishment which will have football fans or possibly the Blind Beggar just outside of Whitechapel station. Expect to queue to get on the tube after the game. Enjoy the day, West Ham v Liverpool is a pretty good introduction to PL football. Perhaps learning the words to Forever Blowing Bubbles (my favourite football anthem) would be a good idea.

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

wow RichMeBarnet thanks for your information ! im not sure if i will be going to a pub before the game but i appreciate your comment, it makes me feel like im there right now! I've been a premier league fan for 10+ years but just never attended a game before as I am from Toronto. I really do hope I get a good first match

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

For the full experience at the Boleyn Ground (pronounced with a long, stressed 'o'), you also need to have a meat pie at half time. And maybe a cup of Bovril.

6. Re: West Ham United vs Liverpool Match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16